Friday, August 2, 2019

The Fruit Of The Spirit: LOVE (For Younger Kids)


I just realized that it's been a while since I updated my "Fruits of the Spirit" series! I'm almost to the end of the series and my kids have really been enjoying learning about the different Fruits of the Spirit.



If you missed the "Introduction to The Fruits of The Spirit" letter, you can find it HERE.

As always, please feel free to copy and paste this letter and send it to your sponsored children!

Dear (Name),
Hello my sweet child! Do you remember my last letter in which I told you about the Fruits of the Spirit? Are you working on memorizing all nine Fruits of the Spirit?
Today I want to talk to you about the first Fruit of the Spirit... LOVE! Think about someone who loves you very much. Your mother and father, your teachers at the Compassion center, your sponsor (your name)... how do you know they love you? It's because of what they do for you, isn't it? Your mother and father love you, so they work hard to look after you and (siblings). When you were a baby they carried you in their arms and made sure you were fed and washed. Your teachers at the Compassion center love you, so they teach you about God and teach you how to care for your body and how to be a better person. I love you, so I write you lots of letters to show you that you are special! Do you know who else loves you? Can you guess? It's Jesus! Jesus loves you so much that He did something for you too... He came down from heaven and died on a cross, to make sure you would be able to live in Heaven with Him someday! 1 John 4:12 says "No one has ever seen GOD;  but if we LOVE one another, GOD lives in us and his LOVE is made complete in us." This means that if we show love to people around us, we are doing what God wants us to do and other people will know God because of us! How can you show love to people? You can tell use your words to tell them that you love them. You can show your love to your parents by giving them a hug or holding their hand, and doing something nice for them like helping around the house without being asked. You can show love to your teachers at the Compassion center by helping them, and by doing something nice for them like draw them a picture or sing them a song. Is there a child that you know at school that doesn't have many friends, or gets teased a lot? Maybe you can show love to them by saying hello and inviting them to play with you, or listening when they want to talk. And we can also show our love to God! By showing love to others, we are also telling God that we love Him. Of course, you can also pray and tell God that you love Him and thank Him for loving you!
I LOVE you!!!



With this letter, I created a special handwriting worksheet for my "littles!" This of course is optional if you have older children that are already writing well. A to Z Teacher Stuff has an amazing Printable Handwriting Worksheet Creator that I used to make a worksheet with the words, "God is Love!"

I printed the worksheet using this adorable "LOVE" border from PageBorders.org!

Or, you can use this border with some funky "Heart Doodles" also from PageBorders.org!

You can even use this pretty "Love Letter" stationery from Print This Today!

I also included this sweet "Love" coloring page with a strawberry from Christian Preschool Printables.

I hope you enjoyed today's letter-writing idea.... have fun writing your kids! 


Responses From My Kids:

"I know that people love me by what they do for me. I show love to people by talking and playing with them." ~Gifty, 7, Uganda


No comments:

Post a Comment