Tuesday, August 6, 2019

The Fruit Of The Spirit: JOY (For Younger Kids)


Here is the second installment of the "Fruit of the Spirit" series for our younger kids!



As always, please feel free to copy and paste this letter to send to your sponsored children, editing the parts in bold to suit you and your children's needs.

Dear (Name),
Hello my little Prince/Princess! Greetings to you and your family in the mighty Name of Jesus!
I have already talked to you about the first Fruit of the Spirit, which is love. Today, I want to talk to you about the second Fruit of the Spirit, which is JOY!
Many people think that joy is the same as being happy. But I think they are different. You can be happy when something good happens to you, for example if a friend invites you to play with them, or if you get to eat your favorite food. But when your friend goes home, or when your favorite meal is all gone, sometimes you might not be happy anymore. But JOY is knowing that Jesus cares for us, and that everything is going to be okay! And when we do something kind for someone else, we are joyful because we know that makes Jesus very happy! Happiness depends on us feeling good... JOY is about making someone else feel good!
When I was your age, (Name), my mother taught me this little song about how to spell the word JOY:

Jesus and Others and You
What a wonderful way to spell JOY!
Jesus and Others and You
In the life of each girl and each boy!
"J" is for JESUS for He has first place
"O" is for OTHERS you meet face-to-face
"Y" is for YOU, in whatever you do
Put yourself third and spell JOY!

There are lots of beautiful verses in the Bible about JOY! Here is one of my favorites! Philippians 4:4 says, "Always be full of Joy in the Lord. I will say it again: rejoice!"

God loves it when we show joy... the Bible also says in Psalm 98:4, "Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth! Burst into joyful songs with music!" I love to show joy by dancing and singing!

I love you so much (Name)! I pray that God gives JOY to you and your family!
Love your friend, (Your Name)



I used piZap to design this cute "Joy!" poster! Feel free to experiment with other photo editing programs and apps.

I also included this Cherry/Joy coloring page from Christian Preschool Printables.

Have fun writing to your kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment