Saturday, August 10, 2019

The Fruit Of The Spirit: PEACE (For Younger Kids)


Here is the next installment of my "Fruits of the Spirit" series for younger children! If you missed the other posts, follow the links on the "Index" page or click on the "Fruit of the Spirit" label in the right-hand sidebar.



Remember, you can copy and paste all of the letters on this blog to send to your children! They are free for you to use!

Dear (Name),
Hello my precious child! Greetings to you and your family in Jesus' Name!
Have you been enjoying my letters about the Fruits of the Holy Spirit? I have already written to you about LOVE and JOY. Today, I want to talk to you about the third Fruit of the Spirit, which is PEACE.
One of my favorite Bible verses about PEACE is in Psalm 4:8. It says, "In peace I will lie down and sleep, for You alone, Lord, make me live in safety." It can be hard to sleep when you are afraid or worried, but knowing that God cares for us, gives us peace. And when we have peace in our minds that God sees us and cares for us, we can sleep well. Peace is the opposite of worry and fear. Peace is having a calm feeling in your heart, that everything is going to be okay. Jesus Himself said in John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” Jesus says that He will give us peace if we ask.
In Romans 12:18 it says, “If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.” This means that not only can we have peace in our hearts and minds, but also that we should be peaceful towards other people. Here is an example of how you can be peaceful in a situation. Let's say you have an argument with one of your siblings, or with a friend. Maybe you want to yell at them. Instead, take a deep breathe of air to calm down first. Then, calmly and quietly, explain how you feel. This helps the other person to calm down and you can talk about things instead of fighting.
If you feel yourself getting really angry or upset or worried about something, it's good to go outside or find a place you can be alone for a while. Sit quietly and pray to God and ask Him to give you peace. After you take a few minutes to calm down, sometimes things don't seem as hard as they were at first.
I love you (Name), and I pray that God surrounds you and your family with peace! I am praying for you and I can't wait to get my next letter from you!
Love, your friend, (Your Name)

Along with this letter, I sent the Peace/Peach coloring page from Christian Preschool Printables.

I also included an illustrated image of John 14:27, which says, "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives, but as I give. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." You can find many beautiful illustrations using Google search, and you can choose the one you think your child would like best!

Have fun writing to your kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment